Senior Research Engineer
The research engineer is in charge of improving the performance of our computer vision algorithms as well as our training back-end. Here are a few examples of the challenges you might be confronted to:
- How do you leverage our patented hierarchical dataset technology to enable dataset fusion and ease the day-to-day life of a data scientist using our platform? (data-prep)
- How do you improve the performance of our algorithms (new data-augmentation technics, new models, new losses, hyper-parameter automatic tuning, etc...)? (data-science & deep learning)
- How do you quantize neural networks so that they are efficient on both mobile or embedded devices? (back-end engineering)
- How do you rework our training back-end to optimize our GPU cost at scale? (DevOps)
There is a lot of different disciplines in this role and you might feel like you do not tick all the boxes (especially the last one): do not hesitate to apply if you only feel like you tick 2 or 3 bullet points and would be interested in leveling-up in the other one(s). Besides developing Deepomatic's AI technology, your role will also typically consist of taking part and animating internal reading groups as well as contributing to external tech/deep-learning evangelism.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn everything there is to know about the business and the technology behind it. You will learn how our products work, how to deploy them, how to debug them.
- Dig into the code of training back-end
- Learn to use our internal tools to collaborate effectively with all Deepomatic teams
- Start and complete your Onboarding Project, which all new employees do within their first month, and ship your first features.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be familiar with the training back-end and its various components
- Design and complete your first "Feature Squad" with success
- Help our "Solution Architects" to transition to your newly deployed feature
Within 6 months, you will:
- Monitor and improve performance of algorithms: work on speed and accuracy improvements, solve production issues and scaling needs.
- Contribute to the two systems (Data management & Deployment) which interact with our training back-end.
- Help design specifications of the next features of the platform.
- Help with hiring new talents
Within 1 year, you will:
- Be the go-to person regarding technical issues and contribute to the design of its architecture.
- Mentor new team members.
- Help structure the team by improving existing processes and tools, and setting objectives for the team.
- 3+ years of experience in back-end development.
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning and/or deep learning.
- Experience in Python.
- Excellent problem-solving attitude.
- Experience with Tensorflow is a plus.
- Great human qualities and a love for teamwork.
- Great oral and written communication in English.