The QA engineer is responsible for planning and implementing strategies to maintain a high level of quality in Deepomatic’s software. Duties include:
- contributing to the technical specifications to ensure the acceptance criteria are well defined,
- making sure those criteria are met, especially in corner cases,
- documenting bugs and errors found during the test phase,
- automating quality management and testing strategies,
- improving the CI and testing tools.
You will engage on the whole product with a large span of the Deepomatic teams, ranging from Customer Success to DevOps, including of course Product and Development teams. As a consequence, this role is also highly cross-functional as you will tackle both front-end back-end issues.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Start learning what there is to know about the technology and the business behind it.
- Complete the Deepomatic Academy, an onboarding project which all new employees do within their first month.
- Perform various interviews with the dev team in order to understand the pain points that they might encounter when testing.
- Be part of a feature squad and write at least one test using the existing testing infrastructure and frameworks to cover a new feature going to production.
Within 3 month, you will:
- Master the product and its various components.
- Collaborate with the SRE in order to improve our CI and e2e tests.
- Working with the product management team to understand the solution and what is needed for customers and participate in user test sessions.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Defining manual test plans of the next features of the platform.
- Work with developers to ensure they provide testable code.
- Working on advanced automated test suites at all levels of our product.
- Being passionate about quality and having an eye for detail
- A taste for technical challenges and diversity of technologies
- 3+ years experience as a QA or full-stack engineer
- Previous experience working on automated testing
- You are not afraid to come up with new things
- Great human qualities and a love for teamwork
- Great oral and written communication in English.
- Experience with Selenium / Cypress
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with distributed systems and Docker
- Experience with Typescript and Angular
- Experience with Python and Django